Preservation of your privacy is important to The Ideas College. We are committed to letting you know how we use your personal information.
1. Information about you
(a) We may collect personal information from you when you:
- Enquire about the Website
- Enquire about the Ideas College or the Ideas Foundation Trust.
- Contact us through the Website, or any other channel.
- Request information through the Website.
(b) This personal information may include but is not limited to the following information about you:
- Your date of birth;
- Your name (including your first name(s) and surname);
- Your email address;
- Your school
We may also ask for or collect some non-personal information from you.
2. Our use of this information
(a) Your personal information will only be used by us to:
- Process your requests;
- Respond to your questions or comments;
- Provide or administer activities relating to the Ideas College;
- Display your Work on the website or any other website owned or operated by The Ideas College (except where you have opted for your Profile to be personal, in which case your Content will not be displayed on any of The Ideas Foundation’s websites);
- Provide you with information relating to the Ideas College, the Website or our services that we feel may be of interest to you;
Maintain our organisational records;
- Carry out research including evaluation carried out for us by another organisation or prepare reports; and
(b) Any personal information which you provide when you use the Website may be shared with third parties. These third parties will only be our operational partners, who operate and maintain the website and our communications. This will be purely for operational purposes, where data is held as part of the functionality of the site and ensuring that the Ideas College is providing a full and quality service. All distribution of details will be accompanied by a data protection and safety contract to ensure that data is used professional and only for the reasons contracted. If there is any reason to share personal data outside of this the young person, school and guardian will be informed and permission sort.
(c) If you wish to remove your Profile or Content from the Website please email firstname.lastname@example.org
(d) If you do not want to receive information from us please email email@example.com with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject field.
- We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration of information you give us.
- Communications in connection with the Website and its content may be sent to you by us by e-mail. For ease of use and compatibility, communications will not be sent to you in an encrypted form. E-mail is not a fully secure means of communication. Whilst we try to keep our systems and communications protected against viruses and other harmful effects we cannot guarantee this.
- The Ideas College takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information but where third parties are concerned accepts no liability for any misuse of your personal information by third parties and you therefore proceed at your own risk.
- A “cookie” is a small text file that is placed on a website user’s computer hard drive by a website. There are several types of cookie.
- The types of cookie we use are “session cookies”, which keep track of information you have entered or looked at as you travel from page to page within the Website. These cookies have a short lifetime and expire within a short time of you leaving the Website. We do not use other types of cookie that track your internet activity after leaving the Website.
- Internet browsers normally accept cookies by default. However, it is possible to set an internet browser to reject cookies.
5. Other Information